September 20, 2022
Notes from Haley
Financial Travel Philosophy
(aka Mrs. Dow Jones)
You can have anything but you cant have everything. If you’re strategic with your spending, you can milk a glamorous, lux place like Paris to the NINES while staying within your means. Here are a few ways I made myself feel rich without going broke on my trip:
- We went to every luxury store & drank champagne and tried stuff on. It’s so fun if you love fashion, which I damn do! They offer you champagne the moment you walk in so why not say yes lol.
- Skip staying at the fancy hotels (get an AirBnB) and just drink at them instead! We had cocktails at The Hotel Crillon, Hotel Costes & The Four Seasons! Each visit ended up costing around $60/ each but it counted as dinner (we ate olives & almonds & people watched & split appetizers) and made us feel very swanky. I have a new Moto that “a hotel a day keeps the doctor away.”
- Again, skip the fancy hotels and get massages at them instead! We went to the Hotel Crillon for 60 minute massages the day we landed which saved us from jet lag & ended up being some of the best money I spent on the trip. The massage was $250 and came with access to the steam room, sauna, gold-tiled pool, divine snacks & heavenly showers. We ended up staying at the spa for LITERALLY 5 hours. I got my moneys worth for sure! I even filled my tote bag up with waters for future days lol.
- Please go for falafel in the Marais at L’As du Falafel. I dream of this falafel.
- Go to the grocery store, get meat & cheese & sit on the Sein River for sunset. We did this and it was incredible...like the best vibes. Also, you can get a HUGE spread for $20 euro - like I was shocked at the value. And wine is so cheap in Paris too! This is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the city & have a bite without having to go to ANOTHER restaurant which always ends up being a ton of money.